dōTERRA CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essential oils can be used safely by your family for a variety of wellness applications. However, there are several safety guidelines that you should follow when using essential oils and essential oil products.
- Be sure to use only pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils and follow all label warnings and instructions.
- If redness or irritation occurs when using essential oils topically, apply a vegetable oil – such as fractionated coconut oil or olive oil – to the affected area.
- Essential oils should not be used in the eyes, inside the ear canal, or in open wounds. In the event of accidental contact with the eye, dilute with vegetable oil NOT water.
- Do NOT consume an essential oil internally unless labeled with a Supplement Facts box with specific dietary supplement, use instructions, and warnings.
- Discontinue the use of an essential oil if you experience severe skin, stomach, or respiratory irritation or discomfort.
- When using on children, apply a very small amount of the oil to test skin or other sensitivity. Do not use oil on a child’s hand as they may transfer to their eyes or mouth.
- Consult your physician before using essential oils if you are pregnant or under a doctor’s care or have other safety questions regarding
It is important to remember that therapeutic-grade essential oils are highly-concentrated plant extracts and should be used with reasonable care. Consulting with someone who has experience with essential oils will make your first experience with essential oils more enjoyable and rewarding. As you learn how to use essential oils through personal experience, share your knowledge with others in a safe and responsible way and encourage others to do the same.
For dōTERRA product technical support, please call (801) 615-7200, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. MST.
PRODUCT SUPPORT E-MAIL (For product use questions.)
If you have questions or concerns with your use of dōTERRA products, please contact dōTERRA by e-mailing your comments to email@example.com. We will try to respond within 24 hours after receiving your e-mail.
Product Support Services does not provide diagnosis or treatment for diseases. For health emergencies for which you believe a dōTERRA product is a contributing factor, please discontinue the use of the product immediately. If symptoms persist, contact a medical professional. If you or a child has consumed a large quantity (more than 5 mL) of an essential oil not labeled for internal use, contact your local poison control center (see http://www.aapcc.org for a national listing). Please follow all label usage instructions and safety warnings.